viernes, 29 de junio de 2012

Blog Session # 8 : English Learning

Hi Classmates!
So... about the topic... I think this semester was interesting and innovative.
The blog forced us to write and think in english, being the best way to practice this language.
Read differents topics or heard presentations in TED.com was an interesting one.
One of the activities that I really liked was the BBC learning. I enjoyed because I learned some new words and expressions.
Even so, one of the most difficult topic until today for me has been Listening. Differents accents always confuse me and I try to understand but I need more practice. The British accent is so gorgeous! But it so complicated because I'm used to seeing Americans series >.< and then, I get lost, I don't understand anything. (And I need to say that watching those series, I learned a lot about pronunciation and about understand the conversation according to the context).

 I heard different people to say that they don't have English course and they need them. For example, some careers like Medicine or Speech Therapy not always has it, so I think we should take advantage of this opportunity. Even the engineers do not have it!
But I think this way is not the only way to learn english, but is a tool, maybe for some people interesting or fun, maybe for other people a waste of time, but for me it encouraged me to continue learning English because I see I have improved a lot in two years.
The next semester is the last English course, but I know If we want to learn well, we need practice constantly. And try to don't forget the things we learned!

Is so exciting have a book in the hands and say:  Look! I understand everything!
But this yet not happens to me when I read Dracula by Bram Stoker xD
One day will happen... I hope so!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario